Sunday, January 02, 2011

Presenting the Robot Monster Hoodie!



Bunche put up a facebook profile pic wearing a jacket that he had brilliantly retrofitted from the top half of a gorilla suit that had outlived its usefulness. Since I'm pretty sure that usefulness at least partially consisted of being part of a Halloween costume of the 1950's Z-grade sci-fi flick "Robot Monster", it struck me as a good idea to go all the way with it.

Here's Steve in his gorilla jacket...























...and his original "Robot Monster" costume in all its glory, from our Marvel Bullpen days.
























UPDATE: HUZZAH! I FINALLY MADE io9!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I fail to see how a gorilla suit could ever outlive its usefulness, the RM Hoodie is genius!

Hey--if they could make a Taun-Taun sleeping bag, this seems like a no-brainer. Get moving on it, man!

ant'ny (fanboy)

Kevie said...

He said the lower half of the suit was falling apart, so he resolved to get some use out of the remaining half.

I really just thought of this as a stupid idea that I had to post so that I could stop thinking about it! Glad you liked it. I wonder what other classic sci-fi public domain characters you could do this with. Robby the Robot seems a good bet...

Anonymous said...

I started pondering what would cause the lower half to wear out so much faster, but only came up with Ewww moments, so I stopped.

Tauntaun Sleeping bag

I'd frickin' buy one--that's for sure.

ant'ny fb

Kevie said...

He's not one of those! Just ordinary wear and tear!

Bunche said...

The lower portion's wearing out had nothing to do with atomic flatulence or a fun weekend at The Mineshaft; it was just a cheap gorilla suit that was very poorly constructed. The jacket portion held up pretty weel and I think it's still around here somewhere...

fatmike182 said...

I'd post it on garmz.com, maybe they'll do it!
Good luck

Kevie said...

Cool idea, thanks!

Gary B Watts said...

I think I need to make one of these.

Kevie said...

Post a pic!