Saturday, March 14, 2009

Meet Kevie Metal

I've had a little free time lately (hello economic pullback!), and I've been using it to spend quality time with those nearest to my heart; namely HTML, Flash and Dreamweaver.


It's been a couple years since I launched my site, and I'm finally somewhat satisfied with it. Apart from having built in better functionality and cleaned up the so-called "decorative" elements (template creators must all be guys who flunked out of design school), I'm pleased to have added a mascot for my business, the dashing fellow who now occupies the top banner of this page.

I tried for forever to come up with a character for myself, but none of my ideas ever made it off the drawing board, I think because I was trying too hard to make myself look 'cool'. (I know I can't pull off 'cool' in real life, but I guess I figured maybe I could as a fictional cartoon character.) This to me looks like a product of the same committee that stillbirthed "Poochie" on that Simpsons episode:





A little while ago I had an idea for this sort of steampunk metalworker guy, and it seemed a good fit. This is the guy who actually lives in my head and won't let me rest at 3am while there's a visual problem to be solved. I think I can live with him.

3 comments:

ant'ny said...

Nicely done.

Congratulations, sir! You have successfully been "Branded."

Kevie said...

Branded! Marked with a coward's shame!

ant'ny said...

No, no, no. I'm not talking in a "Rifleman" kind of way.

I mean it in the *good* way that all the cool kids are usin'. Like "phat" or "dope."

You know--"You got one phat dope Brand, Kevie!!" Jiggy! Word!