Monday, March 30, 2009

LeBron & Giselle


I didn't know, okay? I started drawing this because my wife had a stack of old Vogues sitting around and I thought, what a cool image. I saw it as sort of a Shiva/Shakti energy happening there. I knew there had been some kind of controversy around the cover, but I'm dense enough that I figured it was no big deal.

After I'd already done a bunch of work on the drawing I ran a Google search to see what all the fuss was about, and it turned up this. And this. Oh, dear.

So maybe I'm an ass for even putting this up, but I was really happy with the drawing and I'm loathe to let it die a lonesome death on my hard drive. I'm going to will myself to believe that the photographer had only the best intentions.

But who knows, if I get any hate mail on this I may take it down.

No comments: