Tuesday, September 30, 2008

On the brink


I've been scared shitless for some time of being where we are right now. Basically since about five minutes after I realized that I had taken on more debt than I'd probably ever climb out of. 

I try to not pay attention to the chicken-little stuff, but now Warrren Buffet is talking that way. If we're really circling the drain, then I guess I do hope they nationalize the fuck out of the markets to cushion the fall. Then start getting people used to the idea of rationing and conservation, a la England when they wrapped up their empire and its related revenue streams post-WWII. Just start taking the pain in as humane a way as possible. The sooner everybody admits that this ponzi scheme couldn't last forever, the better off we'll all be.

At least I'm not still working for investment bankers.

No comments: