Sunday, September 28, 2008

New Terminator Season!


"Sometimes they go bad. No one knows why."


PICTURED: In the season premiere, Cameron goes on a rampage due to a malfunctioning chip. OR IS IT?????

I'm such a nut for this show, and I'm thrilled that it's back on the air. Week after week, it respects--and expands upon--the world of the James Cameron films, while being mercifully short on the overt references and corny in-jokes that saddled T3.

They even outdo T2 in one sense: John Connor is played here by a kid who can deliver the requisite emo pout, minus the  douche chills. The rest of the cast is strong, but the real star is Summer Glau as Cameron, the alleged "good" Terminator. As she did in Firefly/Serenity, she gives a performance that walks a razor edge between confused innocent and unhinged monster.

4 comments:

Robert Bandel said...

NERD

Kevie said...

True

Muad_Dib said...

I concur. I like the doom and gloom aspect of this show. It's like Galactica (is that still on?); I don't expect a happy ending, but I occasionally do get punk'd.

muad_dib said...

I could also see you penning an illustrated novel (aka, expensive comic book) on one of these dark-themed shows.